Thursday, June 5, 2008

Today's Random Thought


There are some things in life that are dreadful.  Such as, let's say....... labor.  

I remember nearing the end of my first pregnancy and being SO ready to be done with the process.  In the beginning, I was afraid of what I didn't know. It took nine months of physical growth to create the discomfort that in the end would have me ready and waiting for what I had originally feared.  

Oddly, the thought occurred to me, that in many ways the adventure my family is embarking on has been a similar challenge.  At first, so many things are unknown and somewhat frightening. Once the decision was made to move, emotions ebbed and flowed (as they continue to do). Now that we are nearly finished packing, my mind is geared to take the challenge fully.  Let's just go, already!  Get the leaving behind us.  

In the end, a mother forgets the pain of labor.  Nothing can replace the joy that comes as a result of being on the other side.  While moving is not quite the same experience (praise be!), I'm seeing the pattern of challenge.  God brings us through difficult things.  

Thankfully, nothing lasts forever.  If that were the case, life would be pretty boring!  And, can you imagine being pregnant without end?

2 comments:

Mo said...

Tracey-This is your favorite (or only cousin) in atlanta. It was great seeing you the other week and we made it back from Europe safetly. We would love to see you guys again and if you feel like adding 600 miles onto your cross-country trip, feel free to stop by and see us in atlanta. hope to talk again soon and let us know if you need anything. take care.

Carolina Girl said...

Tracy, Isn't it amazing how God changes our fear to excitement? We can face the unknown as long as we know God is in control. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us - I love that you are a deep thinker and will miss our long talks. Love ya!