Sunday, June 22, 2008

Tired


Things are going well - I'm feeling more at home with each item I unpack. I still have lots to do, but I have all the time in the world, at least it feels that way at the moment.  There are currently no commitments except to settle in. Well, there is a long list of things to do. Tomorrow I have several phone calls to make, and there are boxes in the hall way, the kids rooms, and the dining/living room still to be unpacked.  There are clothes to put away in every occupied bedroom, etc, etc, etc.  

Something that took me away from the unpacking today - we visited a wonderful new church. Quite small and so very welcoming.  That felt good! We were sent on our way with a wonderful sense of community and a box of donuts!  We will try it again next week (I know what you're thinking - it's NOT about the donuts!).

Today I realized that I am just now living the "first week of summer vacation" acclamation. You know, it's the week after school lets out - the first days of summer.  I have a theory.  It takes that first week to adjust to being together 24/7  (I know I'm off a little, since this is actually the beginning of our 3rd week of summer, but it is actually the first week in our (new) home.  The funny thing is, by the time the end of summer rolls around (I say that as if it's never going to end - which is always so far from the truth and brings me to my point) by the end, while I am once again ready for the routine, I am also equally sad that the lazy days are over.  I'm sure the start to the new school year will bring a whole gamut of emotions.  

All that said, ........ well, let's just say I'm tired.  Dog tired.  I'm sure a good part of it has to do with the record temperatures we are having; that and the late hours I'm keeping.  

It's time to sleep!


1 comment:

Lynne said...

So glad you found a church to try on Sunday, and that it was one you want to go to again. Praying for you today! Can't wait for more photos. :-)