Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Secret Garden


There are so many fun things to figure out in a new place.  One of our many wonderful finds since moving in has been to learn of a garden we didn't know we had!!  Tucked away on the west side of our house is a sweet little garden, complete with a variety of tomatoes, sugar snap peas, squash, pumpkins, several herbs and strawberries!  How fun!!  Those of you who know me well can imagine how delighted I am to have my own organically grown produce - hopefully from my own hand!!  I think I may need a few pointers from my nephew Sam who happens to be quite the gardener!!



Look what else inhabits the garden.  Lizards galore!

Another shot of the yard - indoor pics coming soon (I promise Aunt Kathy!)

Something we are not sorry we packed is our ping pong table, 
which now has a new home on our outdoor patio - year round!!
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DEAR Kneebusches: I had to catch up on the blog since I've missed a couple of days. I love the pic of the lizard and who better to catch one. I still have to remind myself that you will not just on vacation. HOw many days until Christmas?? Lov yu all Mom

Unknown said...

LOVE the garden! What an awesome discovery!! I can't say that I would love the lizards though. I also love the fact that you can play ping pong year round outdoors!! I know that is something we would never think of here in Cleveland :-)