Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Grand Canyon 6/17

  
We made a stop on the way into The Grand Canyon for the use 
of (dare I say) technology.  This was a lovely little cabin (with WiFi
in the middle of a pasture, surrounded by a forest.  A great spot for pics.  
But then, there isn't much hard on the eyes out here!


Hmmm......this was tempting!  


We were fortunate to get a view of this wolf just talking a leisure walk in the pasture.

Grand Canyon......That "WOW!" word was in order once again.  I had seen it as a child, and coming here with our kids was a reminder that it's not likely a place you'll forget.  We were all filled with awe and magnificent wonder as we stood and stared.

Check out my clan on this ledge.  
You'll remember my issue with heights...... it pays to be the photographer!!

Here's a closer look!


WOW!!!!

I mentioned burnt forests in an earlier post......

Back at the campground.


These are the tall pines that sang to us as we hiked.

No comments: