I visited the blog of a friend of a friend the other day, and I'm so glad I did. What I read so inspired me at a time when I really needed it.
Mothering is one of the most blessed experiences I've known. And attempting to be any good at it is one of the greatest challenges I have faced.
I was thinking about the passion of a mother's heart which stems directly from the love she has for her children, and I was faced with the realization that the foundational years are gone..... mine are no longer "little ones".
While our children no longer need my help for their most basic needs, they so desperately need an example of consistent spiritual growth. Do I have what it takes? What I desire more than anything, is that my children will long to know God.
Today I was reminded to take my inadequacies as a mom directly to my Father, because I need Him to carry me so that I can lead these that I love so dearly right into His hands.
2 comments:
Ahhh. Thanks for your honesty. Good conversation material! Love you~
Tracy, doesn't God just love to answer a prayer like that! It is straight out of His heart. He loves you so much and is so delighted to hear your heart's cry! Your children are so blessed to have a mother with a heart after God! Nancy E.
Post a Comment