Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Myth


The need for order.  Ever wonder about it?  I admit, it's not something I think of with much intensity, although I know it is an issue for me.  But as of late, I'm very curious about it's importance, and the imminent control the lack of it threatens to have upon me.  

Why is it that my mind wants me to think after all the little details are tucked away and remedied, I will have arrived in a state of controlled bliss? It's as if knowing more about our new geographic location will erase the discomfort that comes from not knowing such things.   How odd, and how silly!  

I suppose, for many of us it ends in the effort we put forth to try and achieve (rather, the myth that says we Must Have) control over even the minor details of our lives.  Isn't this in part, why we women nest?

Well friends, after much grappling (I love that word), I think I'm starting to get it.   Settle in to what isn't familiar - to what is, in fact, uncontrollable. Normal is ever changing.   God, however, is not!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know the answer to your questions about the mith my dear. It is that you are your mothers daughter. And nesting is something that she has excelled at for years. Your greatness lies in your depth. You too are a Proverbs 31 women. I love you. Dad