Two weeks ago today we set foot in our new home. It's been exciting, surprising, and wonderfully fun. Now....... reality is setting in, and the last few days have been a bit challenging for me.
I want to tell you that God is so amazing - when we go to Him, there He is, waiting patiently, and full of comfort. I have found the book of Philippians to be a great encouragement to me as I consider what Paul must have been experiencing. Admittedly, I feel so small in my grappling in comparison to Paul's trials. And yet what he writes about is so pertinent, even for today. God, who is infinite, is also so very basic in His message to us.
"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: rejoice!" Philippians 4:4
The secret to Paul's joy was that he was grounded in his relationship with Christ, despite what was (or wasn't) happening in his life. It's that simple..... and that complex.
My flesh threatens my dependency upon the Lord. Intentional time with Him - that's where it's at. Getting to know who God is by reading His word, and communicating with Him.
And that, I believe, is why He allows the bumpy road. If it weren't for the trials, we'd be far too dependent on ourselves.
Thanks Paul, for your incredible example.
I rejoice in you, oh Lord!!
No comments:
Post a Comment