There came a knock at the door. I was intrigued by Halle's response when I asked her who it was. Her tone was unsure, and the look on her face quite puzzled. To be honest, my mind was unable to grasp her response. Not until I took a look for myself did I believe. There, at our front door, were friends from Ohio, unannounced...... how wonderful!! The Wilken's were "in the neighborhood" for the weekend... a quick-trip-perk when you work for the airlines, and on the way to the southern part of the state, they programmed what Brenda could remember of our address into the GPS. With a little help from the mail lady, they found us!! We spent the afternoon together getting caught up. A most delightful surprise!! So glad for the time and your wonderful memory, Brenda!!
The old guys took on the youngsters in a close game of b-ball.
In the end, the final score, 11 to 10..... Dad's were victorious.
These four ran around the yard with gleeful screams in a game of tag.
However, no one was interested in a dip in the pool afterward.
They had decided that frozen toes at the height of the day wasn't a
condition likely to improve after the sun went down.
2 comments:
How fun!! Wow, I wish Bob worked for the airlines so we could pop in on you too! By the way, what a beautiful picture of the basketball game (not the guys but the sunset behind them). Glad you had fun with the Wilkens. I miss you much!
Beth
Wow! I hope they show up at my front door next! So happy for all of you to have that time together.
Post a Comment