I keep a file of our past Christmas cards, and so I took it out to refresh my memory as I consider what our letter will look like this year. And there it was. Last year's photo of our family huddled together in front of our fireplace. UGH!!! Stop me in my tracks emotion! How can it be that such a place, the home in which we spent ten years making memories, looks so familiar and yet feels so very far from normal?! I found it amazing as I looked at this picture that none of us had any idea of what life would look like today. How different things can be without any warning. Normal is ever evolving - changing. Such is life.
So, here's my problem: It's fair to say it's going to take some time before I get to those boxes and boxes of photos that forever call to me. They have always called to me, and I have always had my reasons for not answering, so I thought. I guess I'm not ready to get into those boxes for fear of stirring up too much feeling. Not just yet.
When I get down about feeling down lately, I tell myself this IS normal. Better said, buck up and get on with it Tracy!!! And thankfully, with His help, I shift my thoughts to all the new blessings in my life.
And relish the old. Those pictures are waiting!
4 comments:
OK....this picture makes me sad and I don't like it!! There I said it!
I miss you guys! :(
Ditto, Myra. I'd like to walk up that drive to your door...
I miss you all, too! And I don't like it!!!!
~ Tracy
I see your house everyday! (sniffle, sniffle) No matter that there are new owners (which I rarely see)...painting your house..changing things...they have a dog (in Tracy's house I am always thinking - how could they?). I can even hear dikebirts/quads back at the Lodge every once in awhile....All these thoughts and more are with me as I go down the driveway to get the mail, leave for work in the morning, etc.....Yes life changes, there is no stopping that, but so many, many wonderful memories had with our wonderful friends and neighbors and their families too! We miss all of you so much! The Spences
Post a Comment