I'm well rested and peaceful. Warm sunlight comes through the bottom of a window pane at Starbucks, and enhances the relaxed mode I find myself in. I've moved my seat because the a/c has me chilly, and the warmth on my feet now has me very satisfied. There's acoustic music playing in this small venue - if even a bit too loud... and somehow this point amazes me, because despite so, it's in this environment that I have some of my best quiet time with God.
I often intentionally park here on mornings that I'm down the hill early and have time to kill in between happenings. And I love this time... and it has nothing to do with my fondness of their Cinnamon Dolce Latte. Rather it's the fact that, here, I'm away from the throws of home... from the laundry and the phone and the list. Amazingly, I can spend hours studying God's word this way.
No. This is not a plug for Starbucks, nor do they need my sales pitch. But I do recommend you try it, or something like it, especially if you're looking for a way to make time with God a priority. Maybe it works for you, maybe not. Either way, I do so hope you'll figure out for yourself what does. Because time with the Lord is sustenance in this crazy world we live.
1 comment:
Makes me wish I drank coffee!
Beth
Post a Comment