Wednesday, August 12, 2009

5 * 7 * 10


Back at it again... the first day of school for our gang.  Summer seems to have been a blink.  With longer breaks throughout the year, the hiatus is more like a long holiday rather than the lazy summer our Midwest upbringing has us used to.   This year we're doing tenth, seventh and fifth grade (this was the only shot I managed to get in the hustle out the door)... and how did I get here?!  The thought occurred to me this morning that not many years from now, the first day of school will be nothing more than a grouping of precious memories.  That sobering reality has me jumping in more than ever to try and embrace the time we have together as a family. The quick pace of life has me focused on what sweet moments today holds.  
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Tracy,
I was finally working on my CM business and reconnecting with people today, when I ran across your name and realized I totally lost contact with you since your email changed and I never got a new phone number. Then I remembered your blog and have totally enjoyed "catching up" with your family! It looks like your tansition to CA went great and that your kids are growing fast! We move Christian to Grove City next week and are down to only Kelsey at home. She is a senior now too, so life is coming way to close to just memories of first days of school for us! Our oldest is in Germany doing mission work. He's been there since March and is coming home in Dec. I think he would love to go back even longer term, but raising full time support is so tough, especially in these times. We'll see how God leads:-) I hope you are finding snippets of time to scrapbook. I wish you could come back for one of our weekend retreats with Jen.
Have a great day and know warm wishes are coming across the miles from Ohio! Blessings ~ Darlene Fladda