Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Anniversary

It's been exactly one year today.  A year since we packed up our things and moved cross-country with a new adventure ahead of us.  

Yes, this year has surely kept us out of the box.... at times, I'll be honest, down right uncomfortable.  But for the greater part, many wonderful things inhabit our new life here.  And somehow, something about here and now (almost) feels normal.  

As I revisit all that has happened in this year of transition and the time leading up to it, I remember one difficult conversation between Halle and I that spring.  She was experiencing great sadness over the idea of leaving Ohio, and it was at that moment that I had nothing to offer... a time that I had yet to make peace with the idea myself.  I was wrestling with God. However, with His help (and a lump in my throat) I spoke words that were not only a comfort to Halle, but also to me:  The promise that our loving God, who had so graciously blessed us in life, would once again prove Himself faithful in ways we were unable to imagine.  

The journey that began last summer would - and has revealed that truth.

Now, one year later, acclimation still taking place, and as I continue to wrestle in new ways with what God has for us, I want to tell you... He IS faithful.   The name of this blog is a friendly reminder to me of the work God does when we are open to what He allows.  

His grace is abundant.  His blessings are bountiful.  His mercy is new moment by moment.  

1 comment:

Myra said...

WOW...it has been one year already!! Time just seems to fly by these days.
Miss you but glad you are feeling at home out there.