Wednesday, January 7, 2009

There's No Place Like Home


Dorothy said it right.  

It's been wonderful.  Being together with loved one's over the holidays in familiar territory.   Visiting friends, and frequent stops, finding our way with ease....... ahhhh.  I am amazed that coming home to Cleveland feels so very natural, like I've not even been away these six months.  

However, I am humored at the loss of sharpness my inner compass is challenged by.  Things are Not Quite familiar as they once were.

As we depart for California, our tanks full of fresh memories and love shared, I find myself longing to return to our new home.  Somehow, another life has found it's way into my heart.  

And so, I ask myself.... Is it possible to feel at home in more than one place?  

I have concluded, that in different ways, the answer is most definitely, yes.

5 comments:

CCS Lunchroom News said...

Tracy; A house is just a place were we hang our hat and lay our heads.

A home is a place were our family and loved ones are. So as long as you have family and friends around you, you will always be home.
Lisa T.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, sweet Tracy! Thank you so very much for sharing your blog with me! May His cloud of glory continue to guide you through the wilderness and cover you with His loving protection. You are a gifted writer and photographer! Your gifts glorify His beautiful creation around you and through you. "Home is where the heart is.":) Julie F

warm you through the nights. of thankfulness. and comfort you at night .

and may the Holy Spirit fill you as you continue to shine forth all the amazing gifts and talents

Anonymous said...

oops. Please ignore the comments after my name. I was typing my thoughts and had forgotten to delete them. See what happens when you cross an old lady with new technology?!

Lynne said...

Love your phrase about a "new life finding its way into your heart"! It is definitely possible, isn't it?! So glad you feel good about heading back to your new home. I've missed your blog while you were in Ohio... looking forward to more posts soon! :-)

Anonymous said...

It was great to see the boys again and shoot some hoops...Bill even fit into my 13 EEE tennis shoes. The Babets...