A sobering thought occurred to me as I was crawling into bed the other night: "No one comes running with abandon to the safety of our bedroom anymore."
In fact, I cannot remember the last time I awoke, sandwiched between a small person and a larger one, only to walk one such a small person back to the room for which he/she was intended.
What is also tough to swallow is that our youngest "safety seeker" isn't really on the smallish side anymore. While she does still enjoy a snuggle on Saturday mornings, the fact remains, for all those times my sleep was interrupted by the panic of pitter pattering feet and the speed at which they carried him/her to me, I miss that little girl and the little brothers before her.
Three of us fell into a late night nap as we awaited the return of basketball players last evening. As I walked Ethan and Halle to their rooms later, each nearly as tall as I, I could not help but wonder what must be in the water here! At the rate in which they are growing, it appears the only little person (at least in stature) around here will inevitably be me.
For those of you with small children - awake - in the middle of the night..... take it in. Sadly, this too shall pass.
1 comment:
I will call you at 3am next time Mylie gets up and you can let me know if you still miss it. HA HA
Love
Missy
Post a Comment