I've been thinking about where I'll take "the first day of school" picture. The favorite spots used to be our front porch, and the newel post at the bottom of our stair case. These were places we photographed our kids each year. Having a picture taken in the same spot has made it so fun to look back and see the transformation in each of them.
More than the dilemma of where to create memories, is the amazing impact the passing of time recently threatens to have upon me. My breath escapes me at the notion that our oldest son will begin high school in just five days. Has it actually been so many years ago that the little boy I ran the knees out of my jeans with, now towers over me, and is only four years away from making his jump from the nest? All that feels like a different life time. Quite honestly, I am not especially fond of how long ago it seems.
And yet, having just (and currently still) experienced my own leap of sorts, I am excited for our children as I think about the great things that God has in store for them.
Moment by moment..... I am grateful for them all!
1 comment:
How exciting that you get to find a new place for your annual photo! Pretty crazy, huh? I can't believe that you have a freshman in the family. Now I REALLY feel old! It also makes me realize just how far behind we are on the whole parenting thing :-)
Enjoy each and every moment you all have together!
Post a Comment