Life is full of it.
I've said it recently; I think it's good to move every few years. If nothing else, simply because there's too much to manage. Moving it all, and often for that matter, helps keep it light.
I once sat next to a gentleman on an airplane who shared that he and his wife were seasoned veterans when it came to moving. They had lived all over the world, and subsequently were used to living simply. I liked that thought.
We recently lightened our load in preparation for the move. It felt good. So much of what we accumulate becomes what we don't even know we have.
So, my theory: keep it simple, and purge every now and then. And if you find it hard to let go of, do something crazy and move across the country.
Besides, you can't take it with you when you leave for your final destination.
It is after all, only stuff.
1 comment:
Yes!! To live simply is so good, Tracy. So well-written and from the heart...you will have many enjoy reading your thoughts. And, yes, we can't take it with us is a good reminder of having an eternal perspective in all things. Love ya!!
Post a Comment