Thursday, May 22, 2008

Fingerprints

I gave my 13 year old some advise the other day.  

"Leave a part of yourself when you move from place to place" was the thought that came to me as I was packing.  "Just be sure it's well thought out and not trouble for the new owner."  

We'll be leaving rocks in the garden from our different travels.  There will always be something here that connects us to this place.

In addition, of course, to our wonderful memories.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Leaving a part of yourself...yes, you definitely do this with all the people you meet and the Lord puts in your path in different places. But, I like the idea of what you leave behind at your home. I've thought that with the flowers I've planted, hoping the new owners someday will enjoy them as well!! Bittersweet moving on, but worth the "pruning" that it entails, and ulitmately, the more beautiful the "blossom."