Bill and I have just returned from a full day of college orientation with Zach, whom we left for a mandatory overnight mixer. I'm full of reflection, and in greater part peace, after much of my curiosity was indulged today. It was so good to roam the campus once again, this time with Zach as a resident student, a much more permanent departure from the spring and summer trips we took last year, as we toured the various campuses Zach was considering. Bill pointed out that the lines for orientation registration were titled Men and Women, which, I admit, brought a momentary tear to my eye. I took a quick surveillance of the young adults who are no longer considered children, and marveled as I watched our son navigate his own steps.
I so appreciated the presentation today, the warm welcome of the students and their families, the integrity with which the University prides itself, the answered questions from students and parents alike. As we separated at different points in the day for various breakout sessions, I could see students all about the campus ready to step into adulthood and embrace the excitement of the learning, relationships, growth and adventures before them. What a great time in a young person's life.
With all that is in front of our son, it's a joy to watch him embrace the path to adulthood.
No comments:
Post a Comment