Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Family Matters

We are studying what God's word says about healthy family relationships as a six week series in our church.  Week one covered the man's role in marriage to love, serve and honor his wife as Christ loves the church.  Last weekend it was the wife's turn to hear about honoring, supporting and loving her husband.  This is really good stuff.  

Last night as we discussed the topic with our small group, one of the questions presented the idea that a marriage is a relationship of mutual respect and submission.  We asked ourselves what that looks like.  Our wise friend Dino said it this way:  

"If you're wrong, admit it.  If you're right, shut up."  

Wow..... SO good!!  And yet, at times so challenging!!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tacie;
Not always easy to do is it.

Hey I was thinking of Ethan today and wondering how those allergies are isn't it about now that he starts flairing up in Ohio. I know I have been sniffling some.

Just was wondering

Lisa T.
The Lunch Lady