Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Passage of Time

Lynne calls it her other life...  I get that. 

We did a Christmas winter in Northeast Ohio AND Florida, visiting loved ones and friends.  We skied, went sledding, had dart wars and celebrated birthdays. Our time with family and friends afforded me a rest I did not realize I needed.  I returned to California with fresh renewal.  

Now here it is, time to plan the next trip back to that familiar place.  How quickly the time has gone.  I'm wondering if it's in part because of the stage of life we find ourselves in... busy with teenagers, piano lessons, youth group, basketball,etc. and driving, driving, driving.  Or is it just age... life seems shorter the older I get.  

What makes the speed of time acceptable is that going back comes sooner.  And yet, what a difference 6 months make, especially when thinking of children and how they so quickly change. I'm quite sure that will be obvious to those we love and miss, despite the fact that 6 months seems short and goes fast.  

Can't wait to see you and fill our tanks!
  

No comments: