Last month Halle and three other 4th grade students went to the ACSI Math Olympics. This was quite an honor, one that instilled both pride and courage.
I can comfortably tell you that her math skills were not inherited from her mother. English, grammar and words perhaps, but surely not math. There were some knocking knees (for both of us) to start out, but I encouraged her to use this as an opportunity to grow in her own confidence. Having made it to the competition was prize enough.
In the end, it was decided that this is something Halle wants to strive for again next year, which is especially inspiring to me. She rose above her fear, was pleased for her classmate who took first in the the region for 4th grade and came away wanting to be challenged.
I'm learning from my children. Cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment