Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sweet Song


Shhhh
....  Listen....

It could be heard all throughout the valley tonight.  
I had to stop and take it in.  Anyone who crossed my path was asked to do the same.  We heard their beautiful melody in the still of the night. 

Frogs!  

In abundance.  The much needed rain has brought the Eco system to life in a way quite unfamiliar to us in this place.   And yet, what a very familiar sound.... 

The sounds of home, back in our beautiful forest.  It was difficult to miss the first songs of the Spring Peepers each April in Ohio.  Almost as deafening as the locust in August.  

As I worked on my project this evening, I intentionally left the patio door open, allowing this very wonderful melody to enter and fill the room like a beautiful fragrance. 

No wonder I love frogs.  Tonight they sang to the music of my heart. 

No comments: